Summary Key Points:
- As Nirvana continues to head towards Caitshelter, Wendy gets worried and tries to look for Jellal
- A fake message from Brain sends Natsu and the gang towards a trap
- They are saved by Jura, who in turns fall from taking the brunt of the attack
- Jellal and Erza come face to face with Midnight.
- Midnight takes down Jellal and Erza easily, and reveals that Nirvana is linked to him and moving with his magical power
- Brain’s staff comes before Natsu and the gang, revealing itself to be the 7th Oracion Seis
- The staff and Midnight reveal that Caitshelter is actually comprised of descendants of the original creators of Nirvana
- As Midnight tries to invite Jellal back over to the dark side, Erza rises up, defending the light in him
- The Episode ends as Erza prepares to take on Midnight once again.
Now that was a good episode! Some interesting plot twists, some good battle scenes and even some great character development. It was a pretty solid episode save for some odd comedy that felt out of place.
I think the most enjoyable part of the episode was the Erza/Midnight fight. Midnight is definitely beyond over-powered, and as a few commenters pointed in previous posts, he’s pretty broken power balance wise. I did find his power to be interesting, being able to bend anything and create illusions. That’s one friggin serious power there. Seeing Jellal fall within seconds was kind of shocking, and then Erza even going down quite quickly, Midnight was definitely established as quite the foe.
The icing on the cake was definitely how Midnight tried to seduce Jellal back to his evil ways. I think that was a really powerful character moment, as Jellal really hesitated, and was generally confused. Of course, Erza rising back up and fighting for the light in him was epicly cool. I’m definitely beginning to become a ErzaxJellal shipper XD
The other big reveal was the 7th General of Oracion Seis, the staff. I’m guessing the 7th general is the guy with the white hair and red eyes that Natsu takes on in the OP. There’s still some good interesting stuff to be revealed, like how the staff actually becomes human and what not. Is he the leader of Oracion Seis? Definitely seems so.
It was also pretty sweet how they explained why Oracion Seis was attacking Caitshelter. At first I was rather surprised that Caitshelter that Nirvana was moving towards them, especially since it had just been revealed a few episodes ago that it was a city. It did make sense later though, as it turns out they’re the descendants of the original creators of Nirvana. I was expecting the whole ancients who created Nirvana thing to remain a mystery, so it was nice actually seeing some resolution to that plot point!
Wow…. Midnight is really turning into one hell of a freakshow. See Erza take on some seriously freak stuff and witness the rise of the Red eyes guy from the OP, all next week!
Advertise on Anime Evo!
Help us pay the bills and work with us to promote your awesome product, service, website, comic or anything else you want to show off. We here at Anime Evo work with our advertising partners to promote products that are actually relevant to our audience, and give you the best bang for your buck!