Ever heard of the Slayers series? it’s a very old anime, and considered by many to be a classic. It tells the tale of the sorceress Lina Inverse, and her friend/partner/love interest Gourey the Knight. If you’re one of the slayer fans, you’ll be interested to know that the Franchise is finally getting a new series, Slayers Revolution. We’ve collected all the old and new details in points for your viewing/reading pleasure.
- The Plot at least begins as a search for a replacement for Gourry’s Sword of Light.
- Characters that haven’t been seen in the anime series before (but who are known in the novels) will appear, including Rook and Mirina.
- The OP and ED songs for the series will be sung by singer / voice actress Megumi Hayashibara, who will also return as the main lead Lina.
- The series will be split between two seasons of three months (Each apparently 12 episodes long, since the entire thing is said to be 24 episodes)
- J.C Staff will be animating this series, along with Watanabe Takashi being the director
- Rumours are spreading about Xellos being the main character in the series instead of Lina. (This is largely due to a magazine scan, which is posted below, but yeah, This IS just a rumour for now!)
- Prince Phil returns, as does Sylphiel. And apparently some kind of mascot character called Pokota will also be introduced into the series.
That said, it seems that this series is definitely going to be one of the BIG things of 200… err whenver it comes out XD. I hope they don’t mess this up. It’s been a while (6 years) since a Slayers animation came out, and well, everyone’s got high expectations. On a final note: “DRAGON SLAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Magazine Scan: Click here!
Sources: Animekon, Anime News Network
Tags: jc staff, lina inverse, megumi hayashibara, slayers, slayers revolution, xellos
Advertise on Anime Evo!
Help us pay the bills and work with us to promote your awesome product, service, website, comic or anything else you want to show off. We here at Anime Evo work with our advertising partners to promote products that are actually relevant to our audience, and give you the best bang for your buck!